Composition competition 2017
Composition competition 2017: Marimba
Sorodha is glad to announce the sixth edition of its annual composition competition. For this edition, we welcome compositions for marimba.
The submission deadline is Friday 10th of March 2017, and the entry fee is € 10.00.
The jury will select five works, which will be executed at a public concert on Saturday 29th of April 2017, after which the jury will award two prizes (€ 1,000.00 and € 500.00).
You can download the full competition rules here.
Please keep following checklist in mind before sending us your score:
- is your work written for marimba (5 octaves; no electronics)?
- was it originally written for marimba?
- has it not been performed, broadcasted or prized in another competition before?
- is your score anonymous?
- will we be able to tell it apart from the others based on the title only? Ok, then; otherwise please add a motto, code or other distinctive sign.
- is it formatted as PDF file and A4 pages?
- does your second PDF file contain all the necessary data?
- has the entry fee been paid by PayPal (an extra € 1 will be charged as "shipping" to cover the transaction costs; please do not switch this option off)?
- have you checked the time zone if filing on the last day before the deadline from elsewhere than Western Europe?
Please take notice of the fact that we cannot accept submissions by regular mail, only by email!